8SQRD Cardano Stake Pool is a new pool founded in the Vancouver (BC, Canada) blockchain space since mid-February this year. This is our first blog post and we’d like to formally introduce ourselves to the Cardano community, share our vision, and hope to attract delegators to maximize our rewards to support initiatives for social good.
TLDR: This post is our quick introduction of our new 8SQRD Stake Pool to the Cardano community. This pool is founded by blockchain enthusiasts who have been in the space since 2013. We’re looking to maximize ADA rewards by increasing delegation to our pool. We are charity-focused, mission-driven pool and wish to donate a portion of our (pool-owner) proceeds to social good initiatives. We’ve created The Good Initiatives Fund (TGIF) to support charitable organizations. Currently, we will be focusing our donation efforts on fighting anti-Asian racism. Delegate to 8SQRD Pool (Ticker: 8SQRD) to support TGIF.
My team and I have been long-time blockchain enthusiasts who entered the blockchain scene in 2013. During these early years we founded a crypto-related business doing consultations, running a media website, holding community meet ups, hosting education sessions on business and blockchain-related opportunities, operating a Bitcoin ATM, and creating designs for efficient mining rig set ups, among a laundry list of other activities. All in all, we promoted blockchain and cryptocurrency adoption during a period when this technology was just entering mainstream attention. Fast forward to 2021 and we’ve re-entered the blockchain community with greater excitement and enthusiasm than ever before. We see the strong fundamentals of Cardano and we are excited to become a part of this community.
Combined together we are three professionals who have backgrounds in: computer science, DevOps, military, health care research, finance, business and entrepreneurship. Trust in our team to maintain consistent up time, provide transparency, and communicate regularly with our delegators.
Mission-Driven: The Good Initiatives Fund (TGIF)
Our Staking Pool from the very beginning had a charitable mission in mind. Portions of our pool rewards, specifically from the pool owners, will go toward The Good Initiatives Fund (TGIF) that we created to make positive social impact. Ultimately, we hope to make recurring contributions through TGIF by using our staking pool as a sustainable way to create revenue for donation. We can increase our chances for block rewards with your support and delegation.
Our first mission is to take a stance against racism. With the recent rise in anti-Asian hate crimes in North America, we felt an urgent need to turn our attention to support communities impacted by this violence. Our donations for the near future will go towards initiatives against anti-Asian racism. Our first block reward will allocation portions of ADA to TGIF with a minimum commitment of C$100 to support Stop AAPI Hate. A donation receipt will be shared on our website.
In the future, we will share our full philanthropic strategy, which will identify other impactful organizations we wish to support, a donation schedule, and details to donation amounts. We hope that our delegators can make recommendations to guide our mission.
Call to Action: If you’re a holder of ADA, a blockchain enthusiast, an activist, or simply a concerned citizen for the Asian and Pacific Islander communities please consider supporting our pool and contribute to the charitable initiatives we endorse. Simply by delegating your stake to 8SQRD Cardano Stake Pool you’ll be supporting TGIF and the fight against anti-Asian hate.
Initiatives we currently support:
- Nodes: 1 core + 2 relays
- Servers location: Hosted on Google Cloud Platform
- Pledge: 41.50k ₳ (50k anticipated by April 15)
- Margin: 1%
- Fixed Cost: 340 ₳
- ADA Pools: https://adapools.org/pool/6333007fadda8a9e086c2c426a02197f02e3abb4f17e22bf51341231
Looking Forward: Next Steps for 8SQRD
We’re in this for the long run. Here are a few things to look forward to:
- We plan to enroll in the Canadian Cardano Stake Pool Association (CCSPA) and undergo peer-review to certify our pool is following best practices.
- We plan to achieve 100k delegation by the end of Q2 and 500k delegation by end of Q3 by following through with a consistent marketing plan and providing transparency to our community through our communication channels.
- We hope to make recurring donations of ($100 or more) every quarterly. If our staking delegation increases and we have regular block rewards, we endeavor to contribute on a monthly basis.
- Quality improvement: We plan to take any feedback from the Cardano community to continuously improve our pool. Feel free to share your thoughts below or join our Discord.
More information about 8SQRD Pool
Learn more about 8SQRD Pool through some of the links and communication channels below. We’re active in our community channels, so connect with us there.
- Website: https://8sqrdpools.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/tEFCDRvZSp
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/8sqrd
- Ticker: 8SQRD
- Pool ID: pool1vvesqladm29fuzrv93px5qse0upw82a579lz9063xsfrz7yef7z (6333007fadda8a9e086c2c426a02197f02e3abb4f17e22bf51341231)
Also find us on:
Thank you for taking the time and support! We look forward to connecting with the community.
8SQRD Cardano Stake Pool operations is founded on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.